Marcellin College is governed and guided by the Marist philosophy based on a spirit of belonging. Our policies cover a range of processes and responsibilities concerning student learning, wellbeing, and College operations.
Governance & Policies
Marcellin College is governed by Marist Schools Australia (MSA), a public not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and registered with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profit Commission. The College works closely with the Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools (MACS).
MSA governs, manages and operates twelve Colleges in Australia, including Marcellin College and it is particularly focused on ensuring that the Colleges follow contemporary and best governance practices to maintain compliance with Australian legislation (including education legislation) and to provide a safe and supportive learning environment for students in line with the philosophy and values of Marist Education.
All schools and educational entities in Australia in the Marist tradition are bound by a commitment to uphold the Marist characteristics. If you’re looking for a policy which isn’t listed below, you may request a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- who we collect information from;
- the types of personal information collected and held by us;
- how this information is collected and held;
- the purposes for which your personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed;
- how you can gain access to your personal information and seek its correction;
- how you may complain or inquire about our collection, handling, use or disclosure of your personal information and how that complaint or inquiry will be handled; and
- whether we are likely to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
Under the Privacy Act Marcellin College must provide a privacy collection notice related to the specific information being collected. It is designed to provide sufficient information to enable you to decide whether or not to provide the personal information to the College.
Marcellin College complies with the Victorian Child Safe Standards to create a child safe organisation.
Marcellin College understands that from time-to-time complaints arise regarding aspects of the College’s operation of programs and activities and that it is important that all members of the community have the opportunity to be heard. Marcellin College commits to ensuring procedural fairness is observed when dealing with complaints and grievances.