If you hold a valid means-tested concession card or are a temporary foster parent, you may be eligible for CSEF. The allowance will be paid to the school to use towards expenses relating to camps, excursions, or sporting activities for the benefit of your child.
To be eligible for the fund, a parent or legal guardian of a student attending a registered Government or non-government Victorian primary or secondary school must:
• on the first day of Term two, or;
• on the first day of Term three;
- Be an eligible beneficiary within the meaning of the State Concessions Act 2004, that is, be the holder of a Veterans Affairs Gold Card or be an eligible Centrelink Health Care Card (HCC) or Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holder, OR
- Be a temporary foster parent, and;
- Submit an application to the school by the due date.
Parents who receive a Carer Allowance on behalf of a child, or any other benefit or allowance not income tested by Centrelink, are not eligible for the CSEF unless they also comply with one of (a) or (b) above.
Parents should lodge a CSEF application form at the school to the College office as soon as possible. The CSEF program for 2021 closes on 25th June, 2021.
For more information about the CSEF visit www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/Pages/csef.aspx
Parents that received CSEF at Marcellin College in 2020 do not need to complete an application form in 2021, providing there has been no change to your family circumstances.